Monday, December 24, 2007

Day 3 - 18th Dec 2007

We got ready by 7.30am to settle for the trek up. Went to the information counter and paid for the guide and porter (RM 18/kg). The porter was a 15-year-old girl and the guys were so amazed by it.

We took the Mersilau trail which was estimated that we would take 8 - 10 hours to reach Laban Rata. As I compared with Timpohon Gate, this was rather tedious because it is a longer route. Jason was lagging behind while the three of us retained our pace. Carl and EK still had the energy to fool around. But it was fun having to see the two grown-ups playing. :p


We finally reached Laban Rata at around 5 plus in the evening before we had our dinner which was expensive!
The night at the dormitory was COLD. I had layers of clothes and I still felt terribly chilly. Carl lent me his windbreaker and EK tucked me with his extra blanket and jacket and it was still not enough! Didn't manage to sleep at all because of the coldness. Arghh....I hate cold weather!

No comments: